[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.38-2

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Mar 23 05:34:38 EDT 2011

Am 22.03.2011 15:31, schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 2.6.38 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Features included:
> - latest stable patches
> - disabled /dev/kmem
> - added AMD_IOMMU support
> - kernel image is now xz compressed
> - NUMA is enabled on x86_64
> - AUTOSCHED (aka the wonder patch) is enabled
> - aufs2.1 latest snapshot

I am unsure if I should signoff or if we should wait.

1) My i915 works fine (unlike others')
2) With ath9k, it seems that 802.11n is broken, but I don't use any 11n
networks, so it doesn't affect me normally.
3) btusb has a minor breakage: bluetoothd doesn't initialize my btusb
adapter properly on boot anymore. I can work around by restarting
bluetoothd or putting it down and up manually with hciconfig.

Despite these small problems, I use this kernel all the time, so it
works for me.