[arch-dev-public] Report from rebuilding [core] repo

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 25 21:07:36 EDT 2011

On 26/03/11 08:09, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI, I rebuilt the entire [core] repo to check if everything currently
> builds as is. I got the following build failures:
>
> FAIL: coreutils
> FAIL: crda
> FAIL: flex
> FAIL: gcc
> FAIL: grub
> FAIL: ndiswrapper
> FAIL: udev
> FAIL: vi
>
> This was all done by rebuilding <pkg>/repos/core-{x86_64,any} with
> extra-x86_64-build. So that explains the grub failure... Seven failures
> out of 175 packages is not bad!
>
> I will rebuild the rest with logging to look for the actual issues and
> file bug reports as necessary.

Here are the causes:

FAIL:  coreutils
   - test suite failures due to btrfs on alderaan

FAIL:  crda
   - due to python2 transistion
   - has been fixed on trunk

FAIL:  flex
   - can not replicate - makeflags issue?

FAIL:  gcc
   - source download timeout...

FAIL:  ndiswrapper
   - patch: **** Can't open patch file /build/kernel-2.6.35.patch : No
such file or directory
   - due to using $startdir instead of $srcdir

FAIL:  udev
   - /build/PKGBUILD: line 109: cd: /build/src/udev-compat-166: No such
file or directory
   - due to now $pkgname being the actual package name in package_*()
functions

FAIL:  vi
   - due to "force" not being an accepted option anymore

Allan