[arch-dev-public] gcc-4.6.0 toolchain in [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 27 03:09:13 EDT 2011

The gcc-4.6 toolchain rebuild has been uploaded to [testing]:

   - major upstream update.  See http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.6/changes.html
   - new dependency - cloog built with isl backend (replaces cloog-ppl)
   - remove elfutils dep (no longer needed)
   - clean-up of configure options
   - soname bump libobjc.so.2 -> .3
   - package gcc-go frontend
     - please test calling C/C++ code, please report results with and
without libffi installed

   - update to latest version

   - new upstream snapshot from 2.21 branch
   - remove patch included upstream

   - patch futex issue rather than disabling it

   - gcc version bump rebuild

Test suite results can be seen at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Toolchain .  There are a
few new failures in the gcc  and binutils testsuites.  Most appear
unimportant, but I will investigate further before I consider moving
this to [core].  I expect an update to binutils with quite a few
backports soon (which may fix some of the gcc lto issues) and I will
probably need to grab an updated gcc snapshot in a couple of weeks anyway...

Note that I have not done the small libobjc rebuild yet so if you are
using gnustep then you might want to hold off updating for a bit.