[arch-dev-public] [signoff] xz 5.0.3-1
pierre at archlinux.de
Sat May 21 13:51:50 EDT 2011
here is a minor update for xz. Please sign off.
* liblzma fixes:
- A memory leak was fixed.
- lzma_stream_buffer_encode() no longer creates an empty .xz
Block if encoding an empty buffer. Such an empty Block with
LZMA2 data would trigger a bug in 5.0.1 and older (see the
first bullet point in 5.0.2 notes). When releasing 5.0.2,
I thought that no encoder creates this kind of files but
I was wrong.
- Validate function arguments better in a few functions. Most
importantly, specifying an unsupported integrity check to
lzma_stream_buffer_encode() no longer creates a corrupt .xz
file. Probably no application tries to do that, so this
shouldn't be a big problem in practice.
- Document that lzma_block_buffer_encode(),
lzma_easy_buffer_encode(), lzma_stream_encoder(), and
lzma_stream_buffer_encode() may return
- The return values of the _memusage() functions are now
* Fix command name detection in xzgrep. xzegrep and xzfgrep now
correctly use egrep and fgrep instead of grep.
* French translation was added.
Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre
More information about the arch-dev-public