[arch-dev-public] [signoff] make-3.82-2

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:26:11 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> Am Sat, 5 Feb 2011 17:10:16 -0600
> schrieb Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
>> It rests in [testing] because it is totally broken with handling
>> MAKEFLAGS, and upstream is totally unresponsive. Allan isn't looking
>> for signoffs...
>> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?107487
>>

> Things are getting worse. New LibreOffice 3.4 will require make 3.82 to
> compile. I can do this in testing chroots when there's no other .so
> related stuff though.
>
> So far I've only seen the kernel compiling non-multithreaded.
Did you read the bug report, by chance? I was able to make it 100%
reproducible compiling git.
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?107487#comment0

> No other
> failures. Maybe we can move it to core anyway?
I'll set the over/under at 3 years before a fix comes out for this, so
we probably can move it and just live with the small regression. Crazy
that 3.82 is required by anything though, given the glacial pace of
releases and new features...

-Dan