[arch-dev-public] sign packages on alderaan

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:59:53 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 11/12/2011 01:43 AM, Ray Rashif wrote:

>>> Is your key in your keychain on alderaan? Probably not from what this
>>> looks like. Easy to check- `gpg --list-keys 0xfoobar`.
>>>
>>> -Dan
>>>

>> Nope. That was what I was asking - whether I need to add it. The last
>> 2 times that I pushed signed packages from alderaan I didn't do
>> anything gpg-related remotely.
>>
>> Anyway, imported the key now so all is good again.
>>

>> --
>> GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1
>
> don't import any key on alderaan.

Hmm?

He is trying to *verify*, meaning he needs his *public* key. This has
nothing to do with signing or private keys. It make a heck of a lot
more sense bandwidth-wise for him to upload the signature file to
alderaan than upload both the package and signature from his local
machine, so why should he not be able to do that? The `gpg --verify`
call is there to make sure developers don't accidentally upload
mismatched packages and corresponding signature files, which could
easily happen when doing test builds and --nosign, etc.

-Dan