[arch-dev-public] [signoff] syslog-ng 3.3.1

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Tue Oct 11 11:53:04 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Upstream has released syslog-ng 3.3.1, which I've dropped into
[testing].

The full changelog is enormous (encompasses changes starting with
3.3.0alpha), so I'll only link to it here for interested parties:

http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-3.3.git;a=blob;f=NEWS

There's a bunch of performance tweaks, a load of bugfixes (mostly from
the alpha/beta releases, not 3.2), and some new logging backends which I
have not enabled (I don't think we want mongo as a dependency).

Relevant packaging changes to point out:
- minor default config file syntax changes. If you don't merge your
  pacnew, syslog-ng is fairly vocal on the startup config check.
- The pidfile has moved to /run. sysvinit folks will need to kill
  syslog-ng manually if you want to restart the daemon prior to a
  reboot.

I've given this a run on sysvinit and systemd, and all looks well.

Please test and signoff, both arches.

Thanks,
Dave