[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 4.0.0-2

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Oct 14 01:10:01 EDT 2011

Am 13.10.2011 20:22, schrieb Dan McGee:
> The most anticipated release EVER has landed in [testing]. Do I expect
> it to make it out before we need a 4.0.1? Not really. :)
>
> Upstream NEWS/changes:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/NEWS?h=maint
> Disregard the 4.0.1 stuff that isn't in this package yet and hasn't
> been actually released.
>
> Questions? Concerns? Comments? I'm telling you as little as possible
> about this release and how to make things work to put more people in
> the "standard user who doesn't follow development like a hawk" shoes.
>
> This thread is for the *package in testing only*. We have more work to
> do from a distro policy standpoint on signing; please do not discuss
> that here but in another thread.
>
> -Dan

I just noticed a somehow unexpected behavior: When I run "pacman -S
devtools" (still had namcap version 3.1) pacman wanted to install these
pacakges:
 namcap-3.1-1  pacman-3.5.4-4  pyalpm-0.4.3-1  subversion-1.6.17-6
devtools-0.9.27-1

The thing to notice here is that it didn't warn that pylibalpm requires
pacman 3.5 and that pacman did silently downgrade itself without any
further notice. So in addition to the unexpected downgrade itselfthe
SyncFirst option has no effect in this case?