[arch-dev-public] [signoff] sudo-1.8.3-1
allan at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 22 09:47:58 EDT 2011
What's new in Sudo 1.8.3?
* Fixed expansion of strftime() escape sequences in the "log_dir"
* Esperanto, Italian and Japanese translations from
* Sudo will now use PAM by default on AIX 6 and higher.
* Added --enable-werror configure option for gcc's -Werror flag.
* Visudo no longer assumes all editors support the +linenumber
command line argument. It now uses a whitelist of editors known
to support the option.
* Fixed matching of network addresses when a netmask is specified
but the address is not the first one in the CIDR block.
* The configure script now check whether or not errno.h declares
the errno variable. Previously, sudo would always declare errno
itself for older systems that don't declare it in errno.h.
* The NOPASSWD tag is now honored for denied commands too, which
matches historic sudo behavior (prior to sudo 1.7.0).
* Sudo now honors the "DEREF" setting in ldap.conf which controls
how alias dereferencing is done during an LDAP search.
* A symbol conflict with the pam_ssh_agent_auth PAM module that
would cause a crash been resolved.
* The inability to load a group provider plugin is no longer
a fatal error.
* A potential crash in the utmp handling code has been fixed.
* Two PAM session issues have been resolved. In previous versions
of sudo, the PAM session was opened as one user and closed as
another. Additionally, if no authentication was performed, the
PAM session would never be closed.
* Sudo will now work correctly with LDAP-based sudoers using TLS
or SSL on Debian systems.
* The LOGNAME, USER and USERNAME environment variables are preserved
correctly again in sudoedit mode.
More information about the arch-dev-public