[arch-dev-public] [signoff] libnl 1.1-3

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Mon Sep 12 16:28:05 EDT 2011

On 11.09.2011 22:56, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 10.09.2011 13:35, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is another simple rebuild of an old package. Note that I reverted
>> the changes in trunk which already had version 2.0 which we will most
>> likely skip due to problems.
>>
>> Please signoff,
>>
>> Pierre
>
> Note: Ioni noticed that libnl 3 is out, and that networkmanager has a
> branch that supports it. As nm was the only real blocker for libnl 2, we
> could try switching once again - I won't have the time for that in the
> next months though, so anyone else is free to go ahead.

I've started testing what works and created a wiki page [1] containing
the information. IMHO we should not waste time rebuilding for libnl2
because libnl3 will have a stable API [2].

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rebuilds:Libnl3
[2] http://canuck.infradead.org/pipermail/libnl/2011-March/000218.html

--
Florian Pritz