[arch-dev-public] Pacman 4.0.0rc2
dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:27:05 EDT 2011
You don't need to be as daring this time- we've had some 246 commits
since RC1. The most relevant changes is signing is about 95%
functional at this point- see directions below the links.
* pacman -U http://dev.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman-4.0.0rc2-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
* pacman -U http://dev.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman-4.0.0rc2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.gz
Please report any issues you may find with this package, as it is
getting very close to being an actual releasable version. These are
debug builds with symbols, so getting stack traces and helpful logging
should be relatively straight forward if necessary.
== How to enable package signature checking ==
1. Install above pacman RC package.
2. sudo pacman-key --init
3. `SigLevel = Optional` in pacman.conf is the default- for more info,
see man pacman.conf, but this means signatures will be checked *if
available*, and there will be no error if they are not. However, due
to us not having a web of trust for Arch developer keys, you will need
to add this to the [options] section:
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
4. Run -Syu or any other operation that fetches packages from sync
databases. When it comes time to check package integrity, you may be
prompted to import keys that are not in your keychain. If a signature
is available, it will be used instead of sha256sums/md5sums.
More information about the arch-dev-public