[arch-dev-public] KDE kdebase-runtime 4.9 dependency changes

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Thu Aug 2 11:01:02 EDT 2012

On Thursday 02 August 2012 09:27:00 Dan McGee wrote:
> Noticed this when upgrading yesterday. Suddenly got a lot more junk
> installed on my system because of the new dep of kdebase-runtime on
> kdepimlibs.
>
> Is this dependency really necessary? Can it not be optional with the
> KDE programs that actually require it pull it in explicitly? I'd
> prefer to not have MySQL on my system, in addition to the numerous
> other programs that got pulled. Anything from my log that is listed as
> "installed" was obviously not there before:

In truth, I didn't think to the non-KDE users when I added this depencence.

It seems that only drkonqi needs a library from kdepimlibs, but we know that
drkonqi is pretty useless since we haven't debug symbols in KDE.

I'll move kdepimlibs to optdepends just to be clear; anyway the others KDE
module should already depend on it.

namcap output:
kdebase-runtime E: Dependency kdepimlibs detected and not included (libraries
['lib/libkxmlrpcclient.so.4'] needed in files ['usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi'])

--
Andrea