[arch-dev-public] [draft] Install media 2012.08.04 released

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 19:43:13 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
>> The August snapshot of our live and install media comes with updated
>> packages and the following changes on top of the <a
>> href="https://www.archlinux.org/news/install-media-20120715-released/">previous
>> iso image</a>:
>> <ul>
>> <li>GRUB 2.0 instead of the legacy 0.9 version is available.</li>
>> <li>The <a
>> href="https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_Guide">Installation
>> Guide</a> can be found at /root/install.txt</li>
>> <li>ZSH with GRML's config is used as interactive shell to provide a
>> user friendly and more convenient environment. This includes completion
>> support for pacstrap, arch-chroot, pacman and most other tools.</li>
>> <li>The network daemon is started by default which will automatically
>> setup your network when dhcp is available.</li>
>> </ul>
>> Note that all these changes only affect the live system and not the
>> base system you install using pacstrap.
>
> What was the rationale for not using markdown syntax? I've edited it
> to look the exact same and not be inline HTML; please prefer markdown
> in all cases that it can be used.

Note: "ISO" is an acronym; "iso" is not a word. Here is the markdown
version I just reposted:

The August snapshot of our live and install media comes with updated
packages and the following changes on top of the [previous ISO
image](/news/install-media-20120715-released/):

* GRUB 2.0 instead of the legacy 0.9 version is available.
* The [Installation Guide](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php) can
be found at _/root/install.txt_.
* ZSH with [Grml's configuration](http://grml.org/zsh/) is used as
interactive shell to provide a user friendly and more convenient
environment. This includes completion support for pacstrap,
arch-chroot, pacman and most other tools.
* The network daemon is started by default which will automatically
setup your network if DHCP is available.

Note that all these changes only affect the live system and not the
base system you install using pacstrap. The ISO image can be
downloaded from our [download page](/download/). The next snapshot is
scheduled for September.