[arch-dev-public] syslinux 4.05-5 does not boot

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Wed Aug 8 21:40:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The patch is from fedora, to be able to build syslinux.
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/syslinux.git/tree/

That patch is indeed fine; this issue seems to be due to GCC 4.7.

I tried several prereleases of syslinux 4.06 in a VM and narrowed it
down the following commit which makes it work again:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/syslinux/syslinux.git;a=commitdiff;h=b6be466

I have attached the above patch and respective PKGBUILD changes to the
bug report [1]. I have also uploaded a prebuilt x86_64 package [2] for
anyone wanting to give it a quick test.

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31065
[2] http://dev.archlinux.org/~foutrelis/syslinux-4.05-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz