[arch-dev-public] Migration to systemd

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Tue Aug 14 12:39:34 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 14 August 2012 18:34:13 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> There are still a lot of unit files missing; we should create a todo
> list. It would also be helpful to write down a simple wiki page with
> some guidelines here.

Did I miss something or did you miss the Jan's todo list[1]?

> E.g. I am not sure if we should read those
> /etc/conf.d/$damon files from the unit files as well or drop these as
> the user should override unit files in /etc.

Indeed, I was wondering if we should adapt our packages to the layout used by
the upstream systemd services files. E.g. the upstream proftpd service sources
/etc/system/proftpd, but our packages installs /etc/conf.d/proftpd.

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/todo/178/

--
Andrea