[arch-dev-public] systemd units for ppp and watchdog

Jan Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:50:43 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> While creating systemd units for my packages, I found two problems:
>
> 1) I cannot force pppd fork to the background. While it is the default
> behaviour, the user can override that with the 'nodetach' and 'updetach'
> configuration options.

Here's my instanced ppp at .service, if you're interested:

[Unit]
Description=PPP link to %I
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/run/ppp-%i.pid
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/pppd call %I linkname %i nodetach

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I believe the "nodetach" on the command line will override what
happens in the config file.
The "linkname" option controls the pidfile name.