[arch-dev-public] [RFC] dbus cleanup

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Mon Dec 3 04:07:06 EST 2012

On za, 2012-12-01 at 14:45 -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
> While we're touching the PKGBUILD, why do we "fix" the configuration
> file in the package function? Would be nice if we could cleanup the
> 30-dbus file as well to simply use shell builtins rather than an
> external (yes, 'which' is in base, but it bothers me).

Please don't fix that file, but just kill it. It's the xinitrc.d file
right? Nowadays dbus autoloads itself, and for situations where dbus
still needs to be launched by hand, you don't want to do that from a
weird scriptlet but straight from ~/.xinitrc.
I removed the file from my system a while ago, haven't seen any of the
problems that it tried to solve in the past.