[arch-dev-public] Minimum kernel version for glibc now 2.6.32

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Feb 4 02:18:18 EST 2012

So...  I was testing out some things in glibc with the minimum kernel
set to 2.6.32 and forgot to change it back for today's bug fix build.
As I am too lazy to rebuild again (which should be the basis for all
development decisions), that means that our new minimum kernel
requirement is 2.6.32!

This actually fits in with my plan to keep this synced to the oldest
kernel provided on the front page of kernel.org.  I doubt there is much
use of kernels 2.6.27 to 2.6.31 anyway...

Other changes to glibc-2.15-5:
 - fix ifunc relocation issues on x86_64 (those math crashes)
 - fix AVX detection  (should fix Xen PV on AVX hardware issues)
 - fix __nscd_get_mapping crash when nscd not running (e.g. chromium)
 - fix realloc usage in vfscanf
 - fix GB18030 charmap  (only a 49081 line patch...)

This should properly fix all reported (and even a few unreported) issues
in our glibc package.

Allan