[arch-dev-public] Handling of upstream bugs in our bug tracker

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Mon Feb 13 13:15:58 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:
> Linux bugs are just an example, but there are certainly more and I think
> we should just tell the reporter to go to upstream and close our bug. If
> upstream is dead or doesn't have a mailing list/bug tracker, we can keep
> the bug, but in that case we should think about dropping the package. If
> it turns out to be a packaging bug we can still reopen it later.

I agree that we should more aggressively close upstream bugs. However,
there are still cases where the Arch packagers might wan to stay
involved (at least for a while), so I guess it should be decided on a
case-by-case basis (linux is a good example though).

Before we close as upstream, I think it would be a good practice
(which I guess many already do) to request the reporter to file a bug
upstream and post a link to the upstream bug report.

Cheers,

Tom

-t