[arch-dev-public] OpenSSH-6.0 and DNS love

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 15 00:29:10 EST 2012

Hi,

OpenSSH-6.0 will be out soon [1] and introduces support for ldns [2], a
DNSSEC-compliant resolver library providing features similar to
dnsutils. To integrate this in our packages, I plan to:
- put a new package in [core] called dnssec-anchors;
- make dnsutils and ldns depend on dnssec-anchors;
- move ldns from [community] to [core];
- make openssh depend on ldns.

You can check those packages out in my repo [3]. Comments are welcome.

In my opinion, ldns and sister projects unbound [4] and nsd [5] are
great steps forward sane mainstream DNS software, and I am glad to see
OpenSSH agree. If you are presently using BIND, I strongly recommend you
consider switching to them.

Cheers.

[1] http://lists.mindrot.org/pipermail/openssh-unix-dev/2012-February/030224.html
[2] http://nlnetlabs.nl/projects/ldns/