[arch-dev-public] Worthless out of tree kernel modules

Tobias Powalowski tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 15 02:23:33 EST 2012

Am 15.02.2012 06:54, schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> Am 15.02.2012 01:20, schrieb Dan McGee:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Why on earth are we maintaining any of the following?
>>
>> * fcpci- pkgrel of 66
>> * fcpcmcia- pkgrel of 62
>> * slmodem- pkgrel of 62, not even available for x86_64
>>
>> Frankly, if these can't make the cut to land in the kernel tree after
>> 10 years, we are wasting our time packaging them. Might as well safe
>> the kernel packagers some headaches.
>>
>> -Dan
Only fcpci and fcpcmcia support capi2.0 which is needed for isdn hylafax
capability.
This can be dropped when the isdn userland tools will fully support
capi2.0 which is worked on for a while.
I'm happy if I don't need to build those anymore.
I guess this year they can finally die.

greetings
tpowa

--