[arch-dev-public] kernel config change in testing

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Feb 21 12:43:17 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> new kernel in testing has:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25341
> - ext4 manages now ext2/ext3 and ext4
>
> Please report if any issues happen, here all went fine on all machines.
> I had not to change any config file like fstab or mkinitcpio.conf.

fstab should be fine, but people who don't use the filesystem hook in
mkinitcpio, but rather include the ext2 or ext3 module manually (and
not ext4) might get in trouble. I don't have this setup, so I might be
wrong, but it is worth keeping in mind when testing this.

Cheers,

Tom