[arch-dev-public] Rebuilding [extra] packages for signing?

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:43:03 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Do we want to do a mass rebuild for the packages in [extra] that are not
> yet signed?
>
> There are currently 800 packages remaining unsigned.  In December,
> around 20 to 30 packages were newly signed, so if we stick at that rate
> we will have [extra] fully signed by mid 2014...
>
> Allan

FYI, there is a major libtiff and a minor xine-lib  rebuild in the
pipeline.  They'll happen when the current db and libarchive rebuild
will be done or maybe earlier if they don't overlap with each other.

There is also an upcoming bash-completion rebuild (the completions
will be moved from /etc to /usr/share) but I'm waiting for pacman 4 to
leave testing for that. I'm not really sure why it's still in
testing...

There's the possibility of several unsigned packages ending up on
these todo list so it might be worth while to wait after these
rebuilds before doing any package signing rebuild.

Eric