[arch-dev-public] Signoff report time/date (was: Signoff report for [testing])

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Jan 6 09:05:43 EST 2012

Am 06.01.2012 14:58, schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Am 06.01.2012 10:07, schrieb Arch Website Notification:
>>> === Signoff report for [testing] ===
>>
>> Can we get a time/date or similar in the subject of these messages?
>
> I am not sure what you are asking here. Is the email "Date" header
> insufficient? I for one like having them all sent with the same
> subject.

Thunderbird used to get confused with identical subjects (would
sometimes reorder them to be in one thread). This doesn't seem to be the
case anymore.

When I get a notification about a new mail, I only see the subject (even
without "Re:") and the author. I would love to know if this is the most
recent signoff thread, or a previous one. It's also easier to find in
mailman archives if you can refer to a specific date.

And it's also a matter of preference: Contrary to you, I don't like
different threads with the same subject.