[arch-dev-public] [arch-commits] Commit in (6 files)

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed Jan 11 23:30:49 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:22:09PM -0500, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:19:10AM +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> > Am Wed, 11 Jan 2012 22:23:20 -0500 (EST)
> > schrieb Dave Reisner <dreisner at archlinux.org>:
> >
> > >     Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 @ 22:23:20
> > >   Author: dreisner
> > > Revision: 146497
> > >
> > > upstream release v38
> > >
> > > initial move of systemd into extra
> > >
> > > Added:
> > >   systemd/
> > >   systemd/repos/
> > >   systemd/trunk/
> > >   systemd/trunk/PKGBUILD
> > >   systemd/trunk/os-release
> > >   systemd/trunk/systemd.install
> >
> > Have I missed the discussion about this? I remember that we agreed to
> > not officially support this in our repos and leave it in the community
> > repo.
> >
> > -Andy
>
> I have no plans to move this in [core]. I'd like to put it in [testing]
> before moving it to [extra] as this is a bit of a major release.

I also don't recall any such discussion taking place. It's a bit late to
be saying that we don't really support it, either, given that we've
explicitly added (upstream) systemd units for:

core/dbus-core
core/netcfg
core/syslog-ng
core/udev
extra/accountsservice
extra/alsa-utils
extra/avahi
extra/bitlbee
extra/consolekit
extra/dnsmasq
extra/libcanberra
extra/lm_sensors
extra/mpd
extra/networkmanager
extra/rtkit
community/bird
community/pcsclite
community/rsyslog
community/shorewall
community/stunnel

Again, no intentions of moving this into [core] and replacing anything.

dave