[arch-dev-public] the big rebuild - libpng/libtiff

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 30 15:22:14 EST 2012

On 31/01/12 04:43, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 01/18/2012 09:33 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> On 01/18/2012 09:17 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i cannot speak about libtiff but libpng 1.5 rebuild is going to be
>>> difficult. All previous warnings are now fatal and a lot of patching is
>>> involved.
>>>
>>> I managed to get all patches from gentoo here (thanks gentoo devs!):
>>>
>>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5
>>> http://pkgbuild.com/~ioni/libpng-1.5.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Patches also can be found in fedora rawhide and openbsd.
>>>
>>> The rebuild is done as usually in staging and at first you won't be able
>>> to build any packages until their dependencies are built first.
>>>

>> note for all packages, pay attention to configure log to see if png is
>> really detected and not just blindly rebuild a package.
>>

> I'm going to move the packages into testing now.
> Don't forget to fully update your system before reporting bugs on our
> tracker.
>
> It will stay in testing for couples of weeks (maxim 2) until is moved
> our in extra.
>
> Happy testing.

Looks like some packages have dependency issues:

(11/53) upgrading djvulibre
[######################] 100%
gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries:
libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error: command failed to execute correctly

(14/53) upgrading evince
[######################] 100%
gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries:
libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error: command failed to execute correctly

(16/53) upgrading firefox
gtk-update-icon-cache: error while loading shared libraries:
libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error: command failed to execute correctly

(18/53) upgrading gdk-pixbuf2
g_module_open() failed for
/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Allan