[arch-dev-public] the big rebuild - libpng/libtiff

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jan 31 17:29:58 EST 2012

Am 30.01.2012 21:20, schrieb Ionut Biru:
> On 01/30/2012 10:22 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
>> On 31/01/12 04:43, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> (18/53) upgrading gdk-pixbuf2
>> [######################] 100%
>> g_module_open() failed for
>> /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-svg.so:
>> libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> Allan
>>

> seems like i need to add a versioned dependendy to install gdk-pibxbuf2
> before everything else.

So pacman does not install the packages according to their dependency
tree if there are no versioned deps? Sounds like a pacman bug to me. I'd
rather have that one fixed then having versioned deps all over the place
that cause more problems than they attempt to solve.

--
Pierre Schmitz, http://pierre-schmitz.com