[arch-dev-public] final leg of /lib removal

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Tue Jul 3 11:41:08 EDT 2012

Hey all,

*** If you use a custom kernel, this will affect you. Please read the
big scary note at the end ***

I'm taking today to work on the last roadblock before Allan can move
glibc out of /lib. This basically consists of a rebuild of:

- kmod (to drop our local patch)
- linux, linux-lts (diff for linux here: http://paste.xinu.at/LLd/)
- all OOT kernel modules (for /usr/lib/modules/extramodules-*)
- bash-completion (temp patch until /lib is a symlink: http://paste.xinu.at/xEs/)

I'll be doing this all locally to avoid building against allan's new
toolchain in [staging]. This will hopefully all hit [testing] by the
end of the day. You know where to find me if you have any questions or
angry rants.

If you'd like to do some early testing, I'm leaving the rebuilt kmod and
kernel packages on gerolde:

http://dev.archlinux.org/~dreisner/linux-usrmove/

(i686 packages are lagging behind at the moment)

BIG SCARY NOTE: Due to the kmod changes, this will BREAK all module
tools for users with their own kernels. If you do not rebuild your
kernel after pulling in the new kmod, you're going to have a bad time.
See the paste link above for inspiration.

Cheers!
Dave