[arch-dev-public] rc.conf cleanup why?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Jul 19 05:55:14 EDT 2012

Tobias,

I'd like to nudge people into thinking twice before using these options. In
addition to documenting what options exist, the man page also explains why
you should not use them.

As of the next release initscripts will do the right thing when rc.conf is
empty.

I also started adding warnings whenever people have
contradictory/nonsensical options specified (usually solved by deleting the
options).

Tom