[arch-dev-public] [ANNOUNCE] initscripts-2012.07.3

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 22 04:14:07 EDT 2012

I'm supporting all your effort to improve our boot process.

Arch was famous for its single rc.conf file configuration that now
seems to fade away. While this may be done for good technical reasons I
suggest to bring this up to some central point (hotplug/udev or
systemd list ). I'd like to see something developed that we can call a
common Linux early userspace configuration that would be equal in most
distributions. Something like all is read from /etc/system/*

-Andy