[arch-dev-public] gcc-4.7.1-5 rebuild

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 22 23:10:02 EDT 2012

On 22/07/12 17:25, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 22/07/12 17:24, Allan McRae wrote:

>>> I noticed that you pushed the new gcc in the [testing] repo whereas
>>> rebuilds are usually done in [staging]. Is that wanted? If so, does
>>> the rebuilded packages go in [testing] repo?
>>>

>> Packages that are broken are already broken...   I don't even intend to
>> wait for the rebuild to be finished to move gcc to [core].
>>

> Just to clarify, rebuilt packages should go in [testing] until gcc is
> signed off and moved.

And gcc-4.7.1-5 is now in [core].  I did not wait for the rebuild to
finish to push this as the situation get no worse in terms of what is
broken (in fact with the rebuilds completed already, things get less
broken...).  And it also stops the situation getting worse with packages
being compiled with the old gcc.

I think I moved all the relevant rebuilds out of the testing repos at
the same time.  If I missed anything, move it...

Allan