[arch-dev-public] cups 1.6.0 hitting testing

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 26 14:44:16 EDT 2012

A major cups update hits testing. Cups has dropped native printer
browsing support for Linux OS, you now need to run the avahi-daemon
before you start cupsd.

Make sure you also cleanup your cupds.conf.

My server seems to print well. Clients can see the printers in the
print dialog here. Please report broken stuff you may find to our
tracker or upstream.

Note: Please also test the systemd-socket patch. My server is running
initscripts so I can't test it. It has become a mix of the Fedora and
the Gentoo patch (no big differences).

-Andy