[arch-dev-public] [RFC] util-linux-2.22 new binaries - conflicts
teg at jklm.no
Sun Jul 29 20:48:41 EDT 2012
util-linux-2.22-rc1 is available, and I'm preparing for the final release.
A few binaries have been merged from other packages, so we need to
decide where we want to let them live
* /bin/kill has been merged from the procps-ng project. Opinions?
* /usr/bin/eject has been merged from the long-dead eject project. I
intend to drop the "eject" package and let util-linux provide this.
* /bin/su has been merged from coreutils. This is going to get
dropped from there so we want this, unless I'm mistaken?
* /sbin/sulogin, /usr/bin/last and /usr/bin/utmpdump have been merged
from sysvinit. This makes sense as we want those even when sysvinit is
not installed. Objections?
* /bin/wdctl and /usr/bin/lslocks appear to be new.
I threw up some packages, if people want to take them for a spin (note
that there will be file conflicts):
More information about the arch-dev-public