[arch-dev-public] Current [core] repo packages build failures

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 1 05:56:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am doing a local rebuild of all [core] packages to test if there are
any issues with the upcoming glibc-2.16 before it gets released.  As a
baseline, I built the [core] repo using the current glibc.  All failures
are from the latest package in [testing]/[core] with building with
testing-x86_64

FAIL:  automake
Various testsuite failures - I think related to warning output with
perl-5.16

FAIL:  b43-fwcutter
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: bu3sch.de; No address associated with
hostname

FAIL:  heirloom-mailx
make: /bin/install: Command not found

FAIL:  libarchive
107: test_read_format_mtree                            FAIL

FAIL:  libmpc
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

FAIL:  licenses
    w3c.html ... FAILED

FAIL:  syslinux
/usr/include/linux/ext2_fs.h:178:41: error: unknown type name 'umode_t'

FAIL:  vi
make: /bin/install: Command not found

Allan