[arch-dev-public] x264 and ffmpeg rebuild

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:36:33 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 06:52 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just pushed in staging new updates for this two packages. We are doing
>> this two in the same time.
>>

> bump.
>
> there are still 42 packages that haven't been recompiled in the list.
> If you don't want to maintain the packages anymore, drop them in AUR but
> don't block the rebuild process.

You might not have noticed but in ffmpeg 0.11, they removed a lot of
functions and structs that were marked as deprecated in the ffmpeg in
[extra] so any packages that still use that deprecated stuff won't
build anymore unless they're patched. As expected, this will take more
time than a simple rebuild. My remaining package (sox, electricsheep)
don't build  and I haven't found any patches online. Is there
documentation on how to port to the newer API? There are hints in the
header files but I got stuck. Electricsheep build but doesn't work,
probably because of the line I removed without replacing it (I don't
know how to replace it), so I'll need to do more work on the patch. If
someone knows about this stuff, I could post my current patches.

Eric