[arch-dev-public] libdrm / mesa / nouveau

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 8 06:55:22 EDT 2012

We run into an ugly situation here. Another libdrm release is out -
2.4.35. And because current stable Mesa release won't compile with
nouveau changes in libdrm 2.4.34 I can't bump libdrm. So currently
nouveau-dri from stable Mesa release holds back all other graphics
drivers.

I suggest to go on and bump libdrm, remove ugly libdrm-new/nouveau and
disable nouveau-dri in our stable Mesa. And then live without 3d
nouveau in our repos until upstream nouveau suckers start to care about
distributions or add mesa nouveau git stuff back to our mesa like
Fedora often does. But I'd prefer to point nouveau users to build
Mesa-git from AUR in a cleas way.

Opinions?

-Andy