[arch-dev-public] grub/grub2 final

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:12:22 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am 24.06.2012 22:54, schrieb Ionut Biru:
>> On 06/24/2012 11:37 PM, Ronald van Haren wrote:
>>> sorry I meant pkgbase
>>>
>>> Ronald
>>>

>> it's fine to have pkgbase=grub.
>
> I fear it's not as grub already has this pkgbase. They have to be
> unique and also refer to their name in the svn repo. pacman itself does
> not care about pkgbase though.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre
>
> --
> Pierre Schmitz, https://pierre-schmitz.com

It seems to work with pkgbase=grub, I didn't encounter any problems
pushing it to gerolde and into [testing].

>From my limited testing locally the package leaves grub alone when it
is installed, and replaces the grub2 packages like expected. So
everything seems to be working.

Please test and report any problems.

I'll move the old grub package as grub-legacy into AUR when this moves
to [core] and also remove the grub2* packages at that time. I'll make
a draft for a frontpage news in one of the next few days before I move
it to [core].

Cheers,
Ronald