[arch-dev-public] brynhild hardware testing

Ionut Biru ibiru at archlinux.org
Fri May 4 13:35:22 EDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 08:18 PM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am 04.05.2012 14:49, schrieb Florian Pritz:
>> On 05/04/2012 11:41 AM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> On 05/04/2012 12:29 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>>> Like a side note, they offered to replace the server "without a specific
>>> reason" for 39 €.
>>>
>> Aparently they made a mistake. It's not 39€, but rather 69€ if you ask
>> for a replacement.
>>
>> I think we should order an EX4 (newer version, with bigger disks, more
>> ram and fast cpu) for 49€/month and pay the 149€ setup.
>>
>> Next canellation date is 10/5/2012, so if possible, we should decide in
>> the next few days.
>
> I am surprised you even consider paying for the replacement of broken
> hardware. I'd say way cancel the contract right now and move elsewhere.
> Such behavior is not acceptable imho and we shouldn't give them even
> more money as a bonus.

we are paying for new hardware with better specs and moving somewhere
else is out of question. having 999999 places to keep track of payments
is a burden for me.

also hetzner servers are pretty cheap. for 49€/mo we get:
- intel core i7-2600
- 16 gb ram
- 2x3tb

if you find another company that has comparative prices, let me know.

--
Ionuț