[arch-dev-public] Repo Hierarchy for Makedepends

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:48:14 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 10.05.2012 03:28, schrieb Allan McRae:
>> Do we care about makedepends being in repos lower down the hierarchy?
>>
>> The current Integrity Check email lists >170 issues in this category.
>> If these are never going to be addressed, I suggest we remove it from
>> the output so that the more important errors are focused on.
>
> It is impossible to respect these unless you want to considerably blow
> up [core].

We can always make an exception for the [core] packages, especially if
the makedepends have other (make)depends in extra/community.  If we do
something about it, we need to decide if the [core] repo can have
makedepends in [community] or just in [extra].

If we move packages from community to core/extra, we need to be sure
that it will have a maintainer (like the maintainer of the packages
which makedepends on it, for example).  It wouldn't make sense to move
packages currently maintained by a TU in community to another repo
where it will remain orphaned.