[arch-dev-public] Google+ Hangout

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Sat May 19 13:56:43 EDT 2012

Hi,

it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first Google+
Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a short
explanation.

I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
(https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but if
anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him. :)

My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
chat beside the hangout. ;-)

You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:

Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date where
everybody has time and the different time zones are the next big issue
to solve.

My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday 28th,
1:00am (AEST).

I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.

Feel free to add any topic if you want talk about it or if you have any
other suggestions.

 Daniel

PS: This won't be our last hangout, so if you can't join for this one,
then maybe the next one ;-)