[arch-dev-public] Google+ Hangout

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Sun May 20 07:43:02 EDT 2012

On Sat, 19 May 2012 19:56:43 +0200
Daniel Isenmann <daniel.isenmann at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it took a little bit longer, but here is the date for our first
> Google+ Hangout. Some devs know what I mean, for all the others a
> short explanation.
>
> I had a discussion with some devs on Google+
> (https://plus.google.com/u/0/112342248775237115466/posts/ZufJjeLNCUB)
> about doing a hangout, see it like an inofficial developer meeting
> with audio and video. There will be no agenda (not from my side), but
> if anyone wants to talk about specific topics nobody will stop him. :)
>
> My main reason for doing such a hangout is to get to know the devs
> behind the email address. I know some of the devs from conferences or
> from pictures only, this will be the chance to see and talk to each
> other. If someone is afraid of talking English, there is also a text
> chat beside the hangout. ;-)
>
> You will need the following plugin from AUR for hangouts:
>
> Now about the date and time. I know that it's hard to find a date
> where everybody has time and the different time zones are the next
> big issue to solve.
>
> My suggestion will be Sunday May 27th, 7:00pm (CEST). This is
> 1:00pm (EST) and sadly for our devs down under this will be Sunday
> 28th, 1:00am (AEST).
>

> I will start the hangout from our Arch Linux G+ page and will invite
> all the devs I know on G+ to the given time.
>
> Feel free to add any topic if you want talk about it or if you have
> any other suggestions.
>
>  Daniel
>
> PS: This won't be our last hangout, so if you can't join for this one,
> then maybe the next one ;-)

Some more information about the hangout. You will need a headphone
otherwise there can be some echoes at the voice chat and you will need
a webcam ;-)

Due some restrictions from Google there can only be a
maximum of 10 people in one hangout, so first come first serve. All the
others will get a notification that the hangout is full. But you can
join if another is leaving the hangout. We have to check how we can
handle this if there are more than 10 devs who try to join.

I would suggest that every dev who join the hangout is also logged in
at out IRC dev channel.

See you guys next Sunday....

 Daniel