[arch-dev-public] udev replaced by systemd-tools

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon May 28 10:21:02 EDT 2012

Hey all,

Just an FYI -- we came across some minor nags in testing last night with
udev containing rules that it couldn't support (due to a missing
systemd-sysctl binary). After some nagging from Tom, we decided that it
was best to simply merge the udev and systemd-tools packages together.
There's a few reasons for this:

- systemd-tools is meant to be a package that everyone can benefit from
  (regardless of PID 1)
- everyone will eventually have systemd-tools installed anyways, as
  initscripts will be using it
- lower maintenance for the PKGBUILD. It's getting ugly with all the
  splitting and juggling required.

systemd-tools doesn't yet belong to the base group, but I'll fix this
today with some other minor changes to the package.

Dave

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."