[arch-dev-public] When rebuilding, *please* check open bug reports

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:12:05 EDT 2012

Hey guys,

This isn't meant to call out a specific case, as I've seen a bit of
this lately, and I'm by no means singling out Andrea or the Postgis
package on this. However, the postgis
(https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/postgis/) pacakge
was rebuilt today but the bug reports were not looked at which
contained a very valid request as well as a patch for the build
script, and it was bumped without the bug report being considered or
looked at as far as I can tell.

tl;dr: if you bump a package version, *please* check bug reports while
doing so, especially if it isn't your package. It isn't helpful to
just have the latest and greatest if we have outstanding bugs.