[arch-dev-public] fmodex

Stéphane Gaudreault stephane at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 20 09:12:50 EST 2012

I just noticed that we have fmodex (a proprietary audio library) in
[community]. Considering the discussion we had recently about steam, I
think that the situation is similar here. The "FMOD Non-Commercial
License" does not explicitely allow redistribution and allow only
non-commercial use [1]. In the svn repository, there is a PERMISSION
file [2], but it looks quite imprecise to me.

I am not very good in legal stuff, but I think that we need a more
formal permission to redistribute a possibly modified version of this
package and to make sure they won't sue us because of the
"non-commercial" specification.

Stéphane

[1] http://www.fmod.org/fmod-sales.html
[2]