[arch-dev-public] [draft] Install medium 2012.10.06 introduces systemd
pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Oct 7 09:39:21 EDT 2012
The October release of the Arch Linux install medium is available for
[Download](https://www.archlinux.org/download/) and can be used for new
installs or as a rescue system. It contains a set of updated packages
and the following notable changes:
* systemd is used to boot up the live system.
* initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still
installed by default on the target system.
* EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
* gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
* The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool,
fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill,
sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd
Pierre Schmitz, https://pierre-schmitz.com
More information about the arch-dev-public