[arch-dev-public] libotr-4.0.0-1 in [staging]

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 16 09:51:13 EDT 2012

[2012-10-16 09:38:24 -0400] Stéphane Gaudreault:
> libotr-4.0.0-1 is in [staging] since september 4th. Is there a
> technical difficulty thatprevents to complete this rebuild

Yes. They've completely revamped the API, and no application (except
pidgin-otr, developed by the same people) has been ported yet. It
doesn't look to me like a trivial matter to port existing code to the
new interface (something I did not realize when I created the TODO).

So if you want to clean up [staging], I guess the best would be to just
kill that TODO list.

--
Gaetan