[arch-dev-public] Maintaining consolekit support in community

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Fri Oct 19 18:16:30 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 02:47:24PM +0200, Lukas Jirkovsky wrote:
> On 19 October 2012 14:41, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> > As long as all bug reports for non-logind systems go straight to Lukas
> > (and whoever else maintains this), I don't care. If we don't have those
> > packages in community, they'll be in a third-party repository - and I
> > prefer having them in community in this case.
>
> Well, I can keep these packages in AUR as Andrea suggested in the
> first post, but given that according to package statistics [0] there
> are still lots of systems not using systemd I think having them in
> community is preferable.
>
> [0] https://www.archlinux.de/?page=PackageStatistics

This isn't accurate at all.

Package stats is purely aggregate. There is no such thing as tracking of
users or machines, so anyone who's reported and uninstalled initscripts
since, and then reported again isn't going to have the "desired" effect.
Sadly, in its current state, there's very little stats in package stats.