[arch-dev-public] [PSA] minor filesystem changes

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Oct 23 10:43:23 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

I just pushed a new filesystem package to testing with two minor changes:

We now rely on nss-myhostname being installed, so we no longer have to
instruct people to put their local hostname in /etc/hosts.
The archlinux(7) manpage was updated to reflect that, as well as to
refer to some features of systemd in testing which should make the
basic setup more straight-forward (timezone and hostname config in
particular).

Please let me know if you notice any issues. When all of this moves to
core, I guess the wiki/beginners guide should be updated too... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom