[arch-dev-public] [testing] util-linux heads-up

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sat Sep 8 09:33:07 EDT 2012

A few remaining bugs in testing/util-linux at the moment:

- shadow needs to be a dep
- uuidd user's home is wrong

These will be fixed in a -4 I'm rolling up. Note that testing users who
have uuidd's home in /home/uuidd will want to fix this by simply
running:

  usermod -d / uuidd

One last bug about hwclock [1] is still outstanding, but I'm not able to
reproduce it. I'm still unconvinced of whether it's a legit bug in
hwclock or just something we need to fix in initscripts, but I've
forwarded the bug onto the util-linux ML to see if I can get input from
elsewhere.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31416