[arch-dev-public] removed btrfs-progs from [testing]

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Sep 23 12:50:12 EDT 2012

tl;dr: If you've installed btrfs-progs from testing (0.19.20120904-5),
please downgrade to the version in core. If you regenerated your
initramfs while this testing package was installed, please regenerate
your initramfs after downgrading.

Tom,

My multi-device btrfs VM doesn't boot with this package. You've removed
our own 70-btrfs.rules which calls btrfs device scan. Despite what Kay
thinks, the builtin he wrote doesn't do the same thing, and leaves
devices unassembled. Regardless, the initcpio hook wasn't modified to
include the new rule and just errors out on the missing 70-btrfs.rules.

I'm a little wary of making this change so soon when systemd in testing is
already completely borked on i686 (which means that even if this package
worked, it could still break boot for i686). For now, I've nuked the
package in testing for both i686 and x86_64.